Thursday, December 25, 2008

DECOR FILE : FABULOUS! STAYCATION

THE GREAT STAYCATION, CHARLIE BROWN

The Sunset Best Western: The BEST of ALL Best Westerns

The lounge at ASIA DE CUBA at the Mondrian- Yummy Eats

PIT  STOP  Redrock
Champagne brunch at Murano
Champagne at the ABBEY
The Staycation ends sweetly with dessert at BLD

One might laugh at the term
STAYCATION- but my recent experience has won me over. Recently, I spent a "staycation" in my lovely city due to a two night stay I won at the SB Cancer Center silent auction.  As luck would have it- I was the highest bidder for a stay at the Sunset Best Western. Now, before you gaff- this Best Western is the BEST of ALL Best Westerns...and they are not kidding. With a terrace and pool to die - this was divine. We began our stay with dinner at the famous Asia de Cuba at the Mondrian...renovated by the fab Benjamin Noriega Ortiz. I had cucumber infused vodka with soda and we dined on sumptuous fair like panko crusted plantains and Thai beef salad. It was divine. Then we made our way to a few hot LA nightspots to end up at S BAR-- a Phillipe Starck designed venue attached to Katsuya. Complete with upside down lamps- this night cap was fab. The next day we treated ourselves to champagne brunch at MURANO and then a second bottle at the famous ABBEY. It was all great fun with great friends. We ended the staycation at one of my favs!- BLD( I could eat here all the time!...charcuterie, lamb burger and a sweet ending of upside down apple cake with salted pecans and vanilla ice cream! Now, how bad can that be?










0 comments: